- P. falciparum is found worldwide in tropical and subtropical areas.
- P. vivax is found mostly in Asia, Latin America, and parts of Africa.
- P. ovale is found mostly in Africa (especially West Africa) and the islands of the Pacific.
- P. malariae is found worldwide and is the only human malaria species that has a three-day cycle.
- The last species is P. knowlesi, which is found in Southeast Asia, and has a one day cycle instead of a two or three day cycle.
because when I'm older I want to be a parasitologist, meaning I want to be the type of doctor who works with people who have parasitic diseases. I would help people with malaria most likely, too, so that makes it even more amazing.